Today’s Monotony Breaker begins w/ something rarely seen — identical locations shown in photos 70 years apart. I assure you it is impressive.
And something else you will enjoy is today’s edition of “Oldies w/ the Old Guy” — my weekly radio show — this week reflecting the fact that Thanksgiving is but a couple days away. Check it out at www.titanradio.org at 8:00 am Pacific (11:00 am Eastern) or at the “ifullerton” app on your smart phone in less than one hour from right now.
In the meantime — enjoy today’s Monotony Breaker. . .
1944 THEN 2014 PHOTOS Just click on an old or a new picture and 70 years of changes will appear.
Just click on an old or a new picture and 70 years of changes will appear.
A terrific set of photos!!!
1944 then 2014 (or vice versa)
Directions : Just click on the photo anywhere and it will become 2014. Click again and it will go back to 1944; or you can left click and hold on each photo, and then drag your mouse gently from
left to right on the original photograph and it will be become a photo of the exact same location and view in 2014. Drag it back to the left and you are back in 1944!
Scroll down for more of the same.
Seniors’ Shades of Grey
After nearly 40 years of marriage, Charlie and his wife were lying in bed . . Suddenly the wife felt Charlie begin to massage her in ways he hadn’t done in quite some time . .
It almost tickled as his fingers started at her neck, and then began moving down past the small of her back . . . He then caressed her shoulders and neck, slowly worked his hand down, stopping just over her stomach . . . .He then proceeded to place his hand on her left inner arm, working
down her side, passing gently over her buttock and down her leg to her calf . . . .Then, he proceeded up her thigh, stopping just at the uppermost portion of her leg . . . .He continued in the same manner on her right side ….then suddenly stopped, rolled over and became silent . . . .As she had become quite aroused by this caressing, she asked in a loving voice….“Honey, that was wonderful ….Why did you stop . . .?
To which he responded…. “I found the remote…
PARAPROSDOKIANS are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence is unexpected… Winston Churchill loved them.
1. Where there’s a will, I want to be in it.
2. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
3. If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
4. War does not determine who is right – only who is left.
5. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
6. They begin the evening news with ‘Good Evening, ‘ then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.
7. To steal ideas from someone is plagiarism. To steal from many is called research.
8. In filling in an application, where it says, ‘In case of emergency, notify: ‘I put ‘DOCTOR.’
9. I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
10. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they look sexy.
11. Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
12. A clear conscience is the sign of a bad memory.
13. I used to be indecisive. Now I’m not so sure.
14. Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be. Nor is there any future in it.
15. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
16. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
17. I’m supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
18. I am not arguing with you, I am explaining why you are wrong .
And finally — a reminder of why some of us spend the Winter Months in Southern CA. . .